December 3, 2011

Mug Shot #1

This guy is not a member of the Hilton Head Group, but he started my series of mug shots. And I painted him in my Hilton Head workshop with Karin, so I guess the ladies won't complain if I sneek him in here...?


Mug Shot #1 - MS001
Oil, 4'' x 4''

The next Hilton Head Gang mug shot will be up soon, probably Tuesday. I recieved the gessobords I ordered this week, so I'm ready to go. It's just such a pity I can't get them here in Switzerland... I will continue to order them online, though I have to pay almost twice as much for postage and taxes than for the boards themselves.
I guess I have to fly over to the States with two empty suitcases and fill them up with gessobords... ;-)

5 comments:

  1. This wonderful Regula. Love the skin tones. I am anxious to see your next HHG mug! If you need to fly over here to pick up more boards...you can stay here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this, Regula! The colors are amazing. It looks even better than I remembered.

    NO! NO! You must stay with me .... I'll provide you with all the gessobords you need and even provide you with suitcases to take back all you want. We could drive up to Virginia and visit Maria (I don't want to get her on my bad side!) and on the way visit with the other gang members. It would be fun. So don't listen to Maria. (Don't you remember how "odd" she can be? Shhh don't tell her I said that!)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. This guy is fantastic. Great subject. You captured an interesting look in the eyes. Really draws you in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL - you guys are just too cool! I'd love to meet again and wouldn't it be a great road trip?

    But for now I have 40 small gessobords waiting for mug shots, so I better get busy with J.Lo's....

    Btw. Jennifer: I really love your comment - but to be honest the interesting look in his eyes might just as well be called cross-eyed... ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I know this guy! Wow does this take me back to the good old days, like a month ago. BTW, I am forever indebted to you for enlightening me about the iPad upgrade. I have used the grid for every painting I've done since. So it's only right you stay at MY house when you come back to the states!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like -

Pin It button on image hover