January 10, 2014

Not all days can be daisy...

.. or rosy, but that wouldn't make for a good play on words.

Well, Daisy is such a lovely dog, but this time she did not behave. Or maybe I overdid it with my expectations. I wanted brighter colors, a more graphic approach, and - a limited pallett. Cadmium yellow, alizarin crimson, ultramarine blue, black, white. What was I thinking...

I did whipe out part of the painting and start again, but should probably just have started all over. But it is called 'challenge', so I wanted to stick with it, and also post today. And the nice part about it: I'll get to paint another one today!

"Not all days can be daisy..."
Oil on panel, 5" by 5"

This is painting Nr 10 in the "30 in 30" challenge, the paintings are posted both here on my blog and on my Facebook Artist Page Regula Scheifele Fine Art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like -

Pin It button on image hover