September 15, 2014

Ava

This painting was done from a reference photo sent to me for my September challenge. I just loved the wonderful pose and the lovely girl with her flower flower bouquet - I had to paint it!

Once I started painting I realized that conveying the feeling of this moment became more important than the actual likeness, especially as the girl lookes at her flowers and not straight at us.
I still hope that I cought some part of Ava....

"Ava"
Oil on panel, 10" by 7"
USD 90 (plus shipping)

The paintings are also posted on my Facebook Artist Page Regula Scheifele Fine Art - I'd love to have you follow me on Facebook or sign up to follow my blog!

2 comments:

  1. She is wonderful! Love the hair, love the expression...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, she's lovely,, and you certainly did a good job capturing her~

    ReplyDelete

You might also like -

Pin It button on image hover